Baked Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash cut into 2 halves and seeded, per cooking pot
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbs. butter
1. Place the 2 squash halves in one Sport cooking pot. If they will not lay flat, this is not a problem.
2. Divide the other ingredients evenly between the two squash halves.
3. Put lids on the black cooking pot(s) and place them in the Sport solar oven. Clip the clear lid to the oven. Face the oven into the sun and then rotate it clockwise 30 degrees. Relax and do other things. The squash can be left unopened the entire cooking time. You may check doneness in 4 hours. If the squash are not done, face the oven toward the sun plus 30 degrees clockwise and continue cooking.
Cooking time: 4 – 6 hours
Serves 2 –4