Makes one solar oven pot.
- ¼ cup butter
or margarine (softened)
- 2 Cups sliced Strawberries (or
other fruit - fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 or 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk (Or, ½ cup
water with 2 Tbs powdered buttermilk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add beaten egg(s) slowly to butter and sugar mixture. Mix
- Adswith lid off of pot.
- Serve with fresh strawberry slices (or other fruit), juiced
with 2 tsp sugar, whipping cream or ice cream.
- Add buttermilk slowly to butter, sugar and egg mixture. Mix
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. Stir
until well blended.
- Pour mixture into floured and greased solar oven
- Put pot, with lid on, in solar oven for baking. Baking
time is approximately 1½ - 2 hours.
- Allow shortcake to cool