Chicken Breasts With Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
his dish showcases how the Sport solar oven strongly infuses the chicken with the flavors of the ingredients. It is easy to succeed on the first try and it cooks in 1 – 2 hours in good sun.
- 4 each, boneless, skinless chicken breasts – about 2 lbs total
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 oz of pitted and sliced kalamata olives packed in oil
- 2 oz capers, drained
- 14 oz of fresh or petit diced canned tomatoes, minced
- 8 tbs. olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Make the Dish
Wash and dry the breasts on paper towels. Rub each piece on all sides with the olive oil. Place 2 tbs. of the olive oil in the bottoms of each of the 2 Sport cook pots and coat the entire bottoms. Add 2 breasts to each pot, divide the sauce ingredients between them and salt and pepper to taste. Pour 2 more tbs. of olive oil over the ingredients in each pot. Mix the contents of each pot well. Cover the pots and place into the Sport solar oven. Clip the clear lid to the oven. Face the oven toward the sun and relax.
This dish will be done in 1 – 2 hours, depending on the sun strength. Serve at once.