Mango Banana Bread
Makes two solar oven pots.
- 60 ml or ½ cup butter or Crisco
- 60 ml or ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-½ large ripe bananas (or 2 small bananas)
- 1 ripe mango
- 250 ml or 2 cups flour
- 7.5 ml or 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1-¼ tsp salt
- 1.25 ml or ½ tsp cinnamon
1. In small bowl: combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
2. In second bowl: puree (or mash until like pudding) the bananas and mangos.
3. In large bowl, cream butter or Crisco with sugar. Add egg, mix well. Add vanilla, mix well. Add fruit and mix well.
4. Add 1/3 dry ingredients to wet ingredients, 1/3 at a time. Mix well after each addition.
5. Divide dough into two parts and pour into greased and floured solar oven pots. Spread dough across entire bottom until batter touches sides. Put lids on pots.
6. Put pots in solar oven to bake. Bread is baked when dough comes away from sides of pot.