Baked Fish Fillets
4 each, 1/2 pound, fresh fish steaks, 1–1½” thick (Fish fillets – any shell fish, tuna, salmon or any white meat fish.
If there is any hint of “fishy smell” – follow these instructions:
1. Wash the seafood under cold running water.
2. Soak the fish in acidulated water for 3 minutes. (Acidulated water made by squeezing one-half lemon in one quart of cold water in a glass bowl.)
3. Wash the fish again under cold running water and dry it on paper towels.
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig of fresh, chopped, flat leafed parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Make the Dish
- Place 4 fillets in a Sport Cook pot. Put ¼ of the sauce ingredients on top of each fillet.
- Cover the pot(s) and place into the Sport solar oven. Clip the clear lid to the oven. Face the oven toward the sun with the shadow directly behind the oven and relax. Do not open the oven to check for doneness until 45 minutes have passed.
The fish will be done in 45 – 75 minutes, depending on the sun strength. Serve at once.